Firm Foam Stampin' Pads
- Light-tap stamping produces flawless images!
- Pad stays juicier for longer resulting in better ink pad longevity!
- Have a crisply printed, glossy label on the top of the pad that is easier to read and that will not fade or chip off!
- Come with color name labels in all four languages (English, Spanish, French, and German)-just choose your language, peel it off the back, and add it to the side of the pad for easy identification!
- Use the same patented flip-top case design that stores the inking surface upside down, so the pad surface stays moist!
- Are available in all colors, including our exclusive In Colors!
- The firm foam is nice and flat and will not become wavy.
- The firm foam material does not imprint on the stamp images like the felt pad sometimes did. However, because the firm foam material is a foam base material, the stamp image can momentarily leave an imprint on the pad, which can transfer to a second stamped image. By inking your stamp on different areas of the pad or waiting momentarily for the ink to rise back to the top, you can easily avoid this situation.
- The firm foam material is soft and has a nice bounce to it. It's not hard like the felt is.
- The ink lay-down (how the ink is absorbed into the card stock) is even, not blotchy, and dries quickly. It has an increased opacity and stamps solid images beautifully.
- Basic Black
- Basic Gray
- Marina Mist
- Perfect Plum
- Tempting Turquoise
- The new ink formula for Basic Gray, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise (for both Stampin' Ink Refills and firm foam Classic Stampin' Pads) will not be available until June 1. In addition, the Neutrals, Subtles, and Brights ink color collections will not contain the newly formulated ink for Basic Gray, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise until June 1.
New Firm Foam Pads FAQs
A: We have worked very hard to improve the functionality of our Classic Stampin' Pads. The firm foam allows for better ink coverage; plus it stays juicer and lasts longer.
A: Yes, with the exception of Basic Black, Basic Gray, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise, which have been reformulated to work with the new foam pad material. We do not recommend using old ink refills in these colors with the new firm foam pads.
A: No. The firm foam pads are ready for use immediately. The best stamping technique with the firm foam pad is light tapping.
A: We suggest using a paper towel to remove some of the ink. The amount of ink in each pad is carefully monitored in production to ensure the two-year shelf life.
A: Yes. The blotchiness is caused by the characteristics of the pad material. It does not affect the stamped image.
A: When stamping with your old pads, you had to work hard to get even ink coverage on your stamp. With the new firm foam pad, the stamp gets a lot more ink on it so when you stamp, your image will appear darker. Once your stamped image dries, the color will look normal.
A: The firm foam and felt will not match exactly. Ink reacts differently to different materials. We have quality checked each ink color to ensure that the stamped ink color is true.
A: Shelf life is two years from the manufactured date, which means if you do not use the pad for two years, it should remain well saturated. If you use the pad frequently, the pad may need to be re-inked before the two years.
A: Start at the right bottom corner (just above the barcode) and slowly peel the corner up by removing both layers.
A: The label goes on the end where you open the case.
A: No, the label should not be affected. However, like most labels, if you pick at it or try and remove it, it may start to peel up.
A: They will include the new formulations of Basic Black (Neutrals) and Marina Mist (Subtles). However, if you are planning on purchasing the Neutrals, Subtles, or Brights ink color collections, we recommend you wait until June 1, at which time the new ink formula will also be available in Basic Gray, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise.
A: No. Stampin' Spots will remain the same.